Man who led police on high speed chase was cited for traffic violation the night before

Bryan Grace was taken into police custody Friday night after leading police on a high-speed chase. (Photo: Davis County Jail)

(KUTV) -- A man who led police on a high-speed chase spanning multiple counties, and reaching speeds of 115 miles per hour, had been pulled over and cited by police just one day prior, court documents reveal.

The man, Bryan Grace, was cited Thursday by officers in Cottonwood Heights for driving on a denied license and for a tail light infraction.

Grace was again charged Friday with driving on a denied license and a tail light infraction when he was taken into police custody after he failed to stop at the command of a Utah Highway Patrol officer.

<="" sd-embed="">

A probable cause statement says the officer attempted to pull Grace over after he was observed traveling 115 miles per hour northbound on Interstate 15.

Grace failed to stop for the officer and was observed making erratic lane changes, still driving over 100 miles per hour.

The officer continued to pursue Grace as he exited the freeway at 200 West in Farmington, then re-entered the freeway going southbound.

There, he was again observed traveling at a high rate of speed and making erratic lane changes. The officer noted one of the tail lights on Grace's vehicle was not functioning.

The pursuit continued to the Parrish Lane exit, where Grace turned left and was observed driving between gas pump stalls at a Maverik. Grace then got back on I-15, again heading southbound.

Another trooper joined the chase and continued to pursue Grace until he took the Center Street Exit in North Salt Lake, where the troopers terminated their pursuit.

Grace was observed on Utah Department of Transportation Traffic Operations Center cameras getting back onto I-15 at the US-89 on-ramp.

The second UHP trooper followed Grace to a parking lot off of Redwood Road in Salt Lake City, where Grace attempted to flee again. The UHP trooper had to use his vehicle to stop Grace's, and Grace was taken into custody.

Officers discovered Grace had been driving on a license that had been denied for a medical requirement. The vehicle he had been driving was loaned to him by a dealership while the SUV he'd recently purchased was being repaired.

Grace was booked into the Davis County jail on charges including speeding, reckless driving, failing to stop for police, misuse of dealer plates, and the same two charges he'd been cited for the night before in Cottonwood Heights: driving on a denied license and a headlamp violation. He is being held on a $10,000 bond.

A court date has not yet been set in his case.