The City Council meeting in Boulder City on Tuesday night took an unscheduled break when flames and smoke came out of a woman’s purse.
Boulder City Fire Chief Kevin Nicholson — who was in attendance — rushed to the woman’s aid, according to the city’s Facebook page.
“There was a battery malfunction in her purse that ignited her purse,” said Nicholson.
The chambers were cleared. Paramedics treated the woman for minor burns.
“That was exciting!” Mayor Rod Woodbury said as the meeting restarted. “We’re never going to forget that one.”