A roll call where football athletes listen intently for their names to be read is the annual draft for the National Football League (NFL).
Thursday marks the 84th time football players are being chosen to play for professional teams across the country.
Only 254 names will be called onto the stage in Nashville, Tennessee, over the next three days. Round 1 starts with the Arizona Cardinals that have the No. 1 pick.
The full order of the NFL draft is provided by CBS Sports and can be found by clicking here.
A few fast facts about the draft CBS Sports report includes the teams with the most picks in the 2019 NFL Draft:
- The Giants (12),
- Patriots (12),
- Bengals (11).
Below are seven additional facts for your enjoyment:
- The Seahawks have the fewest picks this year (4), followed by the Bears (5).
- The Browns, Cowboys, and Saints are sitting out the first round barring trades.
- The Raiders, Packers, and Giants all have multiple first-round picks.
- "Mr. Irrelevant" is the title bestowed upon the last pick.
- 21 players from the University of Utah have been selected in the NFL draft since 2011.
- BYU's Jim McMahon was drafted 5th overall in the 1982 draft by the Chicago Bears. McMahon won Super Bowl XX with Chicago, and eventually played for seven different teams in his 15-year NFL career.
- BYU's Steve Young was drafted as the No. 1 pick in the Supplemental Draft by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
Click here to watch a livestream of the 2019 NFL Draft Tracker by CBS Sports.